Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser is probably the best browser that might now keep in mind that it offers all the features that Chrome has to offer, and on top of that, you also get the Edge Legacy Features. It is also known to consume less power compared to Chrome. Chrome is infamous for eating up your ram and memory. That said if those don’t give you enough premium to use it, and you want to uninstall it, here are the correct methods to uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser.
You can use any of the methods to uninstall or remove Edge completely from Windows 10. An admin should uninstall it if it was installed by him or her.
- Standard Uninstall Method
- Programs and Features
- PowerShell Command
You can always reinstall from the Microsoft Edge website if you change your mind. Also, make sure to sign out of your Microsoft account before uninstalling the browser.
1] Uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser via Start Menu
- Click on the Start Menu, and type “Microsoft Edge” in the search box
- Once you see Microsoft Edge (green icon) in the result, right-click on it
- Choose Uninstall from the menu option, and let the uninstaller get the job done
The same option is available on the right side section of the Start menu, where it shows a quick option. You may have to expand it to reveal all the options, including Run as an administrator, open file location, and so on. Once done next steps are easy without any hassle.
2] Remove Microsoft Edge using Control Panel
- Type “Control” in the Run prompt (Win + R) and press the enter key
- It will open the classic Control Panel. Locate Programs or Programs and Features based on the view
- Click on Uninstall a program to reveal the list of programs installed on the computer
- Sort the list by name, and locate Microsoft Edge
- Select it, and click on Uninstall button
Onc the process is complete, all the files will be removed.
3] Uninstall Edge browser using PowerShell Command
You can use PowerShell Get package command to uninstall apps. Follow the steps as below
- Type PowerShell in the Run (Win+R) prompt and press the Enter key
- Execute the following command
Get-AppxPackage | Select Name, PackageFullName
- Locate Microsoft Edge and its package name. It should be similar to what is mentioned below.
- On the list, locate Microsoft Edge and its package name. It should be similar to what is mentioned below.
- Now execute the following command to remove Edge from Windows.
Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_44.18362.449.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe | Remove-AppxPackage
Once the process is complete, it will uninstall Microsoft Edge from Windows for all the users. If you only want to uninstall for your account, you can skip the -allusers switch in the above command.
These where the steps to remove Microsoft Edge Chromium from Windows 10 PC. I hope this guide helps you to achieve the task discussed here. Make sure to remove all the browsing history from Microsoft online account if you do not wish to use it in the future.